What are Home Based Medical Alert Systems?
Unless an emergency situation occurs, many people wait before getting a medical alert ID system and service. Some people still declining to get one, even after an incident occurred, and often experience the same trauma yet again, without any type of assistance. This is when medical alert gadgets are needed and give help to those who have life-threatening medical health conditions or allergies or who are at risk of falling down. Medical Alert Equipments in Cocoa are the best blessing you can give yourself or a loved one to save their life within minutes.
Appropriate diagnosis is necessary for effectual therapy. In the event of an emergency, misdiagnosing medical conditions can unintentionally take place. In such a possibility, it is essential to get the aid from the Emergency Medical Service team by short listing the vital health relevant information onto a medical ID alert system. According to research statistics, emergency medical responders (EMS), and also clinical individuals such as doctors and nurses, will look for your medical alert Id Badge prior to providing a medical diagnosis. This saves on valuable time and chances of being misdiagnosis is less. Medical alerts has in fact assisted decrease trips to emergency rooms, remove avoidable health center admittances and most important has been reliable in saving lives.
Medical alert devices are offered in several forms such attractive bracelets, necklaces, pendants and medallions, sports bands and watches.
Senior citizens who are susceptible to various health issues, physically disabled, or elders with health problems or disorders, like heart attacks, strokes, allergic reactions, pulmonary problems, asthma, hearing or vision issues and numerous other such diseases must have a medical alert device with them at all times.
A medical alert generally have relevant information of medications being consumed, any allergic reactions an individual has, physical or psychological disorders and a contact telephone number for emergency situation contact. A medical alert would see Jon Doe (your full name), compulsive overeater, insulin dep. diabetic (insulin-dependent diabetes), phone: 555-555-5555.
Who Needs and Who Should Wear A Medical Alert System in Cocoa, Florida?
1 out of every 3 Americans has a health issue, or takes a medicine, that emergency responders and medical specialists need to know about in an emergency situation. If you reside with one or more of the following, please get a medical alert console protection now. It can make a big difference in an emergency.
You should get a Medical Alert Device, if you or your loved one has any of the following medical conditions:
Medical and Cognitive Conditions
· Bee stings
· Sulfa drugs
· Drug allergies
· Food Allergies
· Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
· Blood disorders
· Blood thinners (Coumadin Warfarin)
· Children with special needs
· Epilepsy and other forms of seizures
· Heart disease
· Lung disease
· Multiple Scleros
· Stroke risks
|· Beta blockers
· Blood thinners
· Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
|· Artificial heart valve
· Cochlear implant
· Hearing aid
· Insulin pump
· Stents, shunts, pins
|· No blood transfusions
· Organ donor
Are You a Parent or Caregiver In Brevard County?
Caregiving is among the most essential and challenging roles. A medical alert service provider near you would like to help. If you care for an individual with a medical issue, feel confident that a medical alert equipment will enable law enforcement, paramedicals and other EMTs to identify your family member’s condition if you can’t be there for them. Request for the “Family Notification Service” and you will be alerted immediately of your family member’s condition and location in any emergency.
Medical alert systems is also suitable for making certain the safety of those living with Alzheimer’s, autism or other cognitive health conditions.
Importance of Medical Alert Systems In Cocoa
- Your medical ID Badge provides for a quick recognition of your medical conditions, allergies, prescriptions, or treatment preferences; this leads to faster and more reliable medical treatment options.
- Medical ID Badge accessories minimize treatment mistakes which may come from not having a patient’s health record at the time of an emergency situation or at the time of healthcare facility admission.
- A medical ID Badge represents you in the event of an emergency situation if you become unresponsive.
- Emergency responders and medical personnel are instructed to first look for medical identification equipment in an unexpected emergency. Medical IDs will immediately inform emergency medical professionals to your vital health and personal information.
- There are a number of main reasons for you and your family members to use a medical I.D. when living with common or unusual health ailments. A medical alert system will save your life and the lives of those you love.
Do You Need a New Medical Alert System?
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is your Medical Alert system in good condition? Is the data still quick and easy to read through?
- Has your medical health condition or prescription medication changed?
- Would you benefit from a back-up ID?
Does your clinical profile need updating:
A correct medical profile is very important. update our clinical bio with us right away if:
- Your medical condition has altered
- You are seeing a new physician or medical specialist
- Your emergency contact or their telephone number has changed. (You should review the current info for accuracy ).
- You use an EpiPen® , but it is not reflected in your current profile.
- Your special needs requests have altered.
Fall Detection Enhanced Systems
What is fall detection, and do I need it?
A Fall Detection-enhanced system will automatically call for support should you suffer from a fall, even if you are unable to push your medical alert switch. Our expert consultants generally recommend fall detection to those with health conditions like epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and MS, or for those who just want an extra of security.
Fall Detection does not detect 100% of falls. If you are capable, you should press the help button in the event of an emergency. The 911 emergency services line is an alternative to the System and the Services. Fall Detection must be used around the neck to allow for adequate detection of falls.
Our Systems – Home & Mobile Based
How it Works
Request a Brochure
Address: Cocoa, FL 32922, USA
Phone: (239) 203-3645
Major Cities we service around Southwest Florida