What are Home Based Medical Alert Systems?
Until an emergency takes place, a lot of people wait before getting a medical alert ID system and support service. There are some still declining to get one, even after an incident occurred, and often endure the same trauma again, without any assistance. This is when medical alert devices are called for and deliver help to those who have serious medical health conditions or allergies or who are at risk of falling. Medical Alert Devices in Dunedin are the best gift you can give yourself or a loved one to save their life within minutes.
Timely diagnosis is essential for effectual therapy. In case of an emergency, misdiagnosing medical health conditions can unintentionally happen. In such an event, it is vital to get the assistance from a first responder by short listing the vital medical relevant information onto a medical ID alert unit. According to research statistics, emergency medical responders (EMS), and also medical workers such as doctors and nurses, will look for your medical alert ID in advance to providing a diagnosis. This saves on valuable time and possibilities of being misdiagnosis is less. Medical alerts has assisted decrease trips to emergency rooms, eliminate avoidable health facility admissions and most important has been dependable in saving lives.
Medical alert devices are supplied in several forms such attractive bracelets, necklaces, pendants and medallions, sports bands and watches.
Seniors who are prone to multiple health problems, physically disabled, or individuals with healths issues or disorders, like heart attacks, strokes, allergic reactions, pulmonary problems, asthma, hearing or vision problems and various other such diseases must have a medical alert device alongside them in all times.
A medical alert should typically have info of medications being taken, any allergic reactions an individual has, physical or psychological disorders and a contact number for emergency situation contact. A medical alert would see Joe Doe (your full name), compulsive overeater, insulin dep. diabetic (insulin-dependent diabetes), call: 555-555-5555.
Who Needs and Who Should Wear A Medical Alert System in Dunedin, Florida?
1 out of every 3 Americans has a health problem, or takes a prescription medication, that emergency responders and medical specialists need to know about in an emergency situation. If you reside with one or more of the following, please obtain a medical alert console protection today. It can make a big difference in an emergency.
You should get a Medical Alert Device, if you or your loved one has any of the following medical conditions:
Medical and Cognitive Conditions
· Bee stings
· Sulfa drugs
· Drug allergies
· Food Allergies
· Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
· Blood disorders
· Blood thinners (Coumadin Warfarin)
· Children with special needs
· Epilepsy and other forms of seizures
· Heart disease
· Lung disease
· Multiple Scleros
· Stroke risks
|· Beta blockers
· Blood thinners
· Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
|· Artificial heart valve
· Cochlear implant
· Hearing aid
· Insulin pump
· Stents, shunts, pins
|· No blood transfusions
· Organ donor
Are You a Parent or Caregiver In Pinellas County?
Caregiving is among the most important and challenging roles. A medical alert service provider near you would like to help. If you take care of an individual with a clinical issue, rest assured that a medical alert system will enable police, paramedicals and other EMTs to identify your loved one’s health condition if you can’t be there for them. Ask for the “Family Notification Service” and you will be alerted as soon as possible of your loved one’s situation and location in any emergency situation.
Medical alert devices is also suitable for ensuring the safety of those dealing with Alzheimer’s, autism or other cognitive health conditions.
Importance of Medical Alert Systems In Dunedin
- Your medical ID Badge offers a quick recognition of your medical conditions, allergies, prescription medications, or treatment wishes; this brings about quicker and more effective medical treatment options.
- Medical identification accessories minimize treatment errors which may result from not getting a patient’s health record in the course of an emergency situation or upon health center admission.
- A medical I.D. represents you in case of an emergency if you end up being unresponsive.
- First responders and clinical team members are trained to first look for medical identification equipment in an unexpected emergency. Medical IDs will quickly inform emergency medical professionals to your critical health and personal info.
- There are unlimited good reasons for you and your loved ones to wear a medical ID when dealing with common or unusual health disorders. A medical alert device will save your life and the lives of those you love.
Do You Need a New Medical Alert System?
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is your Medical Alert system in good condition? Is the information still convenient to review?
- Has your medical health condition or prescription changed?
- Would you benefit from a backup ID?
Does your medical profile need updating:
An accurate medical bio is very important. update our clinical profile with us right away if:
- Your medical problem has altered
- You are seeing a new doctor or medical specialist
- Your emergency contact or their contact number has changed. (You should review the current information for correctness just in case).
- You utilize an EpiPen® , but it is not reflected in your current profile.
- Your special needs requests have adjusted.
Fall Detection Enhanced Systems
What is fall detection, and do I need it?
A Fall Detection-enhanced device will automatically call for support should you experience a fall, even if you are unable to push your medical alert button. Our professional consultants typically recommend fall detection to those with health problems like epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and MS, or for those who just want an extra level of security.
Fall Detection does not detect 100% of falls. If you are able, you should press the assistance button in the event of an emergency. The 911 emergency services line is an alternative to the System and the Services. Fall Detection needs to be used around the neck to allow for appropriate detection of falls.
Address: Dunedin, FL 34697, USA
Phone: (239) 203-3645