What are Home Based Medical Alert Systems?
Unless an emergency situation occurs, lots of individuals wait before purchasing a medical alert ID device and service. Some people still declining to get one, even after an incident occurred, and often suffer from the same trauma yet again, without any type of assistance. This is when medical alert devices are called for and provide help to those who have severe medical conditions or allergies or who are at risk of falling. Medical Alert Systems in Key Biscayne are the best present you can give yourself or a loved one to save their life .
Quick diagnosis is important for effectual therapy. In the event of an emergency, misdiagnosing medical health conditions can unintentionally happen. In such a scenario, it is important to get the help from the Emergency Medical Service team by short listing the important health relevant information onto a medical ID alert system. Based on research, emergency medical responders (EMS), and also medical workers such as doctors and nurses, will look for your medical alert ID before giving a diagnosis. This saves on precious time and possibilities of being misdiagnosis is less. Medical alerts has in fact assisted decrease trips to emergency rooms, remove avoidable health center admittances and most importantly has been reliable in saving lives.
Medical alert devices are offered in many different forms such fashionable bracelets, necklaces, pendants and medallions, sports bands and watches.
Seniors who are vulnerable to multiple health issues, physically challenged, or people with health problems or disorders, like heart attacks, strokes, allergic reactions, pulmonary problems, asthma, hearing or vision issues and various other such diseases must have a medical alert device with them in all times.
A medical alert typically have info of medications being consumed, any kind of allergic reactions an individual has, physical or psychological disorders and a contact phone number for emergency situation contact. A medical alert would see John Doe (your full name), compulsive overeater, insulin dep. diabetic (insulin-dependent diabetes), phone: 555-555-5555.
Who Needs and Who Should Wear A Medical Alert System in Key Biscayne, Florida?
1 among every 3 Americans has a medical disorder, or takes a prescription medication, that emergency responders and medical professionals need to know about in an emergency. If you live with one or more of the following, please purchase a medical alert console protection now. It can make a big difference in an emergency medical situation.
You should get a Medical Alert Device, if you or your loved one has any of the following medical conditions:
Medical and Cognitive Conditions
· Bee stings
· Sulfa drugs
· Drug allergies
· Food Allergies
· Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
· Blood disorders
· Blood thinners (Coumadin Warfarin)
· Children with special needs
· Epilepsy and other forms of seizures
· Heart disease
· Lung disease
· Multiple Scleros
· Stroke risks
|· Beta blockers
· Blood thinners
· Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
|· Artificial heart valve
· Cochlear implant
· Hearing aid
· Insulin pump
· Stents, shunts, pins
|· No blood transfusions
· Organ donor
Are You a Parent or Caregiver In Miami-Dade County?
Caregiving is one of the most important and challenging jobs. A medical alert service provider near you wants to help. If you take care of an individual with a medical problem, feel confident that a medical alert equipment will enable law enforcement, paramedicals and other emergency responders to identify your family member’s health condition if you can’t be there for them. Ask for the “Family Notification Service” and you will be alerted as soon as possible of your family member’s situation and location in any emergency situation.
Medical alert devices is also perfect for ensuring the safety of those living with Alzheimer’s, autism or other cognitive health conditions.
Importance of Medical Alert Systems In Key Biscayne
- Your medical alert device provides for a quick recognition of your medical issues, allergies, medications, or treatment wishes; this leads to faster and more reliable medical treatment.
- Medical ID accessories decrease treatment mistakes which may come from not getting a patient’s health record at the time of an emergency situation or at the time of health center admittance.
- A medical ID speaks for you in the event of an emergency if you end up being unresponsive.
- Emergency medical responders and medical helpers are instructed to first seek medical identification jewelry in an emergency. Medical IDs will immediately alert emergency medical specialists to your critical health and personal details.
- There are unlimited main reasons for you and your loved ones to wear a medical I.D. when suffering from common or unusual medical ailments. A medical ID will save your life and the lives of those you love.
Do You Need a New Medical Alert System?
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is your Medical Alert equipment in good condition? Is the details still easy to review?
- Has your medical health condition or prescription changed?
- Would you gain from a backup medical alert system?
Does your clinical profile need updating:
A detailed health care bio is very important. update our medical bio with us right away if:
- Your medical problem has altered
- You are seeing a new doctor or medical specialist
- Your emergency contact or their contact number has changed. (You should review the current details for accuracy just in case).
- You utilize an EpiPen® , but it is not reflected in your current profile.
- Your special needs requests have adjusted.
Fall Detection Enhanced Systems
What is fall detection, and do I need it?
A Fall Detection-enhanced system will automatically call for support if you experience a fall, even if you are unable to push your medical ID button. Our expert consultants generally encourage fall detection to those with health issues like epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and MS, or for those who want an extra level of protection.
Fall Detection does not detect 100% of falls. If you are able, you should press the help button in the event of an emergency situation. The 911 emergency services line is an alternative to the System and the Services. Fall Detection must be worn around the neck to allow for adequate detection of falls.
Address: Key Biscayne, FL 33149, USA
Phone: (239) 203-3645