What are Home Based Medical Alert Systems?
Until an emergency happens, many people wait before getting a medical alert ID system and service. Some still declining to get one, even after an incident occurred, and often suffer from the same trauma yet again, without any assistance. This is when medical alert products are needed and provide help to those who have serious medical problems or allergies or who are at risk of falling. Medical Alert Systems in Point Washington are the best present you can give yourself or a loved one to save their life within minutes.
Timely diagnosis is vital for effectual treatment. In the event of an emergency, misdiagnosing medical health conditions can unintentionally occur. In such a possibility, it is vital to get the help from the Emergency Medical Service team by short listing the important health information onto a medical ID alert device. Based on research statistics, emergency medical responders (EMS), and also medical individuals such as doctors and nurses, will look for your medical alert ID in advance to giving a medical diagnosis. This saves on precious time and chances of being misdiagnosis is minimal. Medical alerts has in fact assisted minimize trips to hospitals, remove avoidable health center admittances and most important has been reliable in saving lives.
Medical alert systems are presented in several forms such attractive bracelets, necklaces, pendants and medallions, sports bands and watches.
Seniors who are vulnerable to multiple health challenges, physically disabled, or individuals with health problems or diseases, like heart attacks, strokes, allergic reactions, pulmonary problems, asthma, hearing or vision problems and numerous other such diseases must have a medical alert ID with them in all times.
A medical alert should typically have information of drugs being taken, any kind of allergic reactions a person has, physical or psychological problems and a contact telephone number for emergency situation contact. A medical alert would scan as John Doe (your full name), compulsive overeater, insulin dep. diabetic (insulin-dependent diabetes), phone: 555-555-5555.
Who Needs and Who Should Wear A Medical Alert System in Point Washington, Florida?
1 out of every 3 Americans has a health problem, or takes a medication, that EMS and medical specialists need to know about in an emergency. If you reside with one or more of the following, please get a medical alert system protection now. It can make a big difference in an emergency.
You should get a Medical Alert Device, if you or your loved one has any of the following medical conditions:
Medical and Cognitive Conditions
· Bee stings
· Sulfa drugs
· Drug allergies
· Food Allergies
· Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
· Blood disorders
· Blood thinners (Coumadin Warfarin)
· Children with special needs
· Epilepsy and other forms of seizures
· Heart disease
· Lung disease
· Multiple Scleros
· Stroke risks
|· Beta blockers
· Blood thinners
· Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
|· Artificial heart valve
· Cochlear implant
· Hearing aid
· Insulin pump
· Stents, shunts, pins
|· No blood transfusions
· Organ donor
Are You a Parent or Caregiver In Walton County?
Caregiving is just one of the most essential and challenging roles. A medical alert service provider near you wants to help. If you take care of an individual with a medical problem, feel confident that a medical alert device will enable police, paramedics and other EMTs to identify your loved one’s condition if you can’t be there for them. Ask for the “Family Notification Service” and you will be notified immediately of your family member’s situation and location in any emergency.
Medical alert devices is also suitable for ensuring the safety of those dealing with Alzheimer’s, autism or other cognitive conditions.
Importance of Medical Alert Systems In Point Washington
- Your medical alert system provides for a quick identification of your medical health conditions, allergies, prescription medications, or treatment needs; this brings about much faster and more effective medical treatment options.
- Medical ID accessories minimize treatment errors which may result from not having a patient’s health record in the course of an emergency situation or upon health center admission.
- A medical ID represents you in the event of an unexpected emergency if you become unresponsive.
- First responders and health care workers are trained to first seek medical identification equipment in an unexpected emergency. Medical IDs will immediately alert emergency medical service providers to your critical health and personal info.
- There are a number of reasons for you and your loved ones to wear a medical ID when dealing with common or unusual medical ailments. A medical alert system will save your life and the lives of those you love.
Do You Need a New Medical Alert System?
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is your Medical Alert system in good condition? Is the details still quick and easy to review?
- Has your medical condition or medication changed?
- Would you gain from a back up medical alert device?
Does your medical bio need updating:
An accurate health care bio is essential. update our medical profile with us right away if:
- Your medical health condition has altered
- You are seeing a new doctor or medical specialist
- Your emergency contact or their phone number has changed. (You should review the current info for accuracy just in case).
- You use an EpiPen® , but it is not reflected in your current bio.
- Your special needs requests have altered.
Fall Detection Enhanced Systems
What is fall detection, and do I need it?
A Fall Detection-enhanced system will instantly call for assistance if you suffer from a fall, despite the fact that you are unable to push your medical alert button. Our professional consultants generally encourage fall detection to those with health issues like epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and MS, or for those who want an extra of security.
Fall Detection does not detect 100% of falls. If you are able, you should press the support button in case of an emergency. The 911 emergency services line is an alternative to the System and the Services. Fall Detection needs to be used around the neck to enable adequate detection of falls.
Address: Point Washington, FL 32454, USA
Phone: (239) 203-3645