What are Home Based Medical Alert Systems?
Until a problem arises, lots of individuals wait before acquiring a medical alert ID system and support service. Some still declining to get one, even after an incident occurred, and will likely experience the same trauma again, without any type of assistance. This is when medical alert products are called for and provide assistance to those who have critical medical conditions or allergies or who are at risk of falling down. Medical Alert Devices in Saint Augustine are the best gift you can give yourself or a loved one to save their life within minutes.
Timely diagnosis is important for effectual therapy. In the event of an emergency, misdiagnosing medical conditions can unintentionally occur. In such a scenario, it is necessary to get the help from a first responder by short listing the critical medical info onto a medical ID alert unit. Based on research statistics, emergency medical responders (EMS), and also clinical individuals such as doctors and nurses, will look for your medical alert Id Badge prior to providing a medical diagnosis. This saves on valuable time and chances of being misdiagnosis is much less. Medical alerts has assisted decrease trips to emergency rooms, remove avoidable health center admissions and most notably has been reliable in saving lives.
Medical alert equipments are offered in various forms such fashionable bracelets, necklaces, pendants and medallions, sports bands and watches.
Senior citizens who are susceptible to numerous health issues, physically challenged, or elders with healths issues or diseases, like heart attacks, strokes, allergic reactions, pulmonary problems, asthma, hearing or vision problems and various other such diseases must have a medical alert ID alongside them at all times.
A medical alert typically have info of medications being taken, any allergic reactions an individual has, physical or psychological conditions and a contact number for emergency situation contact. A medical alert would read as Jon Doe (your full name), compulsive overeater, insulin dep. diabetic (insulin-dependent diabetes), call: 555-555-5555.
Who Needs and Who Should Wear A Medical Alert System in Saint Augustine, Florida?
1 out of every 3 Americans has a medical problem, or takes a prescription, that emergency responders and medical professionals need to find out about in an emergency situation. If you reside with one or more of the following, please get a medical alert device protection today. It can make a difference in an emergency situation.
You should get a Medical Alert Device, if you or your loved one has any of the following medical conditions:
Medical and Cognitive Conditions
· Bee stings
· Sulfa drugs
· Drug allergies
· Food Allergies
· Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
· Blood disorders
· Blood thinners (Coumadin Warfarin)
· Children with special needs
· Epilepsy and other forms of seizures
· Heart disease
· Lung disease
· Multiple Scleros
· Stroke risks
|· Beta blockers
· Blood thinners
· Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
|· Artificial heart valve
· Cochlear implant
· Hearing aid
· Insulin pump
· Stents, shunts, pins
|· No blood transfusions
· Organ donor
Are You a Parent or Caregiver In Saint Johns County?
Caregiving is among the absolute most essential and demanding jobs. A medical alert service provider near you wants to help. If you take care of a person with a clinical problem, feel confident that a medical alert device will enable police, paramedics and other EMTs to identify your loved one’s health condition if you can’t be there for them. Ask for the “Family Notification Service” and you will be notified immediately of your family member’s situation and location in any emergency situation.
Medical alert devices is also perfect for ensuring the safety of those living with Alzheimer’s, autism or other cognitive health conditions.
Importance of Medical Alert Systems In Saint Augustine
- Your medical alert device provides for a quick identification of your medical conditions, allergies, medications, or treatment preferences; this leads to quicker and more effective medical care.
- Medical identification wristlets minimize treatment mistakes which may come from not having a patient’s health record in the course of an emergency situation or upon medical facility admission.
- A medical identification represents you in case of an unexpected emergency if you become unresponsive.
- First responders and clinical personnel are trained to first seek medical identification jewelry in an emergency situation. Medical IDs will immediately alert emergency medical service providers to your critical health and personal details.
- There are unlimited reasons for you and your family members to use a medical I.D. when living with common or unusual medical disorders. A medical alert device will save your life and the lives of those you love.
Do You Need a New Medical Alert System?
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is your Medical Alert equipment in good condition? Is the information still convenient to read through?
- Has your medical condition or prescription medication changed?
- Would you gain from a back-up ID?
Does your medical profile need updating:
An accurate medical profile is essential. update our health care profile with us right away if:
- Your medical problem has changed
- You are seeing a new medical doctor or medical specialist
- Your emergency contact or their contact number has changed. (You should review the current details for correctness just in case).
- You utilize an EpiPen® , but it is not reflected in your current profile.
- Your special needs requests have changed.
Fall Detection Enhanced Systems
What is fall detection, and do I need it?
A Fall Detection-enhanced device will automatically call for assistance if you encounter a fall, even if you are unable to push your medical ID switch. Our expert specialists generally recommend fall detection to those with health issues like epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and MS, or for those who simply want an extra layer of protection.
Fall Detection does not detect 100% of falls. If you are able, you should press the help button in the event of an emergency situation. The 911 emergency services line is an alternative to the System and the Services. Fall Detection needs to be used around the neck to allow for adequate detection of falls.
Address: Saint Augustine, FL 32080, USA
Phone: (239) 203-3645