What are Home Based Medical Alert Systems?
Unless an emergency situation arises, many individuals wait before getting a medical alert ID system and support service. There are some still declining to get one, even after an incident occurred, and will likely suffer from the same trauma again, without any type of assistance. This is when medical alert devices are needed and provide help to those who have severe medical problems or allergies or who are at risk of falling. Medical Alert Systems in Fort Myers are the best blessing you can give yourself or a loved one to save their life .
Quick diagnosis is necessary for effectual therapy. In case of an emergency, misdiagnosing medical conditions can unintentionally take place. In such a scenario, it is important to get the assistance from the Emergency Medical Service team by short listing the critical health care info onto a medical ID alert device. Based on research statistics, emergency medical responders (EMS), and also medical workers such as doctors and nurses, will look for your medical alert Id Badge before presenting a medical diagnosis. This saves on precious time and chances of being misdiagnosis is less. Medical alerts has in fact helped reduce trips to hospitals, remove preventable health center admissions and most notably has been dependable in saving lives.
Medical alert units are offered in many different forms such fashionable bracelets, necklaces, pendants and medallions, sports bands and watches.
Senior citizens who are vulnerable to multiple health problems, physically challenged, or elders with illnesses or disorders, like heart attacks, strokes, allergic reactions, pulmonary problems, asthma, hearing or vision issues and various other such diseases ought to have a medical alert ID badge with them at all times.
A medical alert should typically have information of medicines being consumed, any kind of allergic reactions a person has, physical or psychological problems and a contact telephone number for emergency situation contact. A medical alert would scan as John Doe (your full name), compulsive overeater, insulin dep. diabetic (insulin-dependent diabetes), call: 555-555-5555.
Who Needs and Who Should Wear A Medical Alert System in Fort Myers, Florida?
1 among every 3 Americans has a medical condition, or takes a prescription, that emergency responders and medical specialists need to know about in an urgent situation. If you live with one or more of the following, please obtain a medical alert device protection today. It can make a difference in an emergency situation.
You should get a Medical Alert Device, if you or your loved one has any of the following medical conditions:
Medical and Cognitive Conditions
· Bee stings
· Sulfa drugs
· Drug allergies
· Food Allergies
· Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
· Blood disorders
· Blood thinners (Coumadin Warfarin)
· Children with special needs
· Epilepsy and other forms of seizures
· Heart disease
· Lung disease
· Multiple Scleros
· Stroke risks
|· Beta blockers
· Blood thinners
· Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
|· Artificial heart valve
· Cochlear implant
· Hearing aid
· Insulin pump
· Stents, shunts, pins
|· No blood transfusions
· Organ donor
Are You a Parent or Caregiver In Lee County?
Caregiving is one of the most important and demanding jobs. A medical alert service provider near you would like to help. If you care for an individual with a medical issue, rest assured that a medical alert system will enable law enforcement, paramedicals and other emergency responders to identify your family member’s condition if you can’t be there for them. Request for the “Family Notification Service” and you will be notified as soon as possible of your loved one’s condition and location in any emergency.
Medical alert devices is also perfect for ensuring the safety of those dealing with Alzheimer’s, autism or other cognitive health conditions.
Importance of Medical Alert Systems In Fort Myers
- Your medical ID Badge provides for a quick identification of your medical conditions, allergies, medications, or treatment wishes; this brings about much faster and more reliable medical treatment.
- Medical identification wristlets minimize treatment mistakes which may result from not having a patient’s health record during an emergency situation or upon hospital admission.
- A medical identification speaks for you in the event of an emergency if you become unresponsive.
- Emergency medical responders and health care team members are instructed to first look for medical identification jewelry in an emergency. Medical IDs will quickly alert emergency medical experts to your vital health and personal details.
- There are a number of main reasons for you and your loved ones to wear a medical I.D. when dealing with common or unusual health disorders. A medical alert device will save your life and the lives of those you love.
Do You Need a New Medical Alert System?
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is your Medical Alert system in good condition? Is the details still easy to assess?
- Has your medical condition or medication changed?
- Would you gain from a secondary medical alert device?
Does your medical profile need updating:
An accurate health care profile is essential. update our clinical bio with us right away if:
- Your medical condition has changed
- You are seeing a new doctor or medical specialist
- Your emergency contact or their telephone number has changed. (You should review the current information for correctness ).
- You utilize an EpiPen® , but it is not reflected in your current bio.
- Your special needs requests have altered.
Fall Detection Enhanced Systems
What is fall detection, and do I need it?
A Fall Detection-enhanced system will instantly call for support if you encounter a fall, even though you are unable to push your medical ID button. Our professional consultants typically encourage fall detection to those with health issues like epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and MS, or for those who want an extra level of security.
Fall Detection does not detect 100% of falls. If you are able, you should press the support button in the event of an emergency. The 911 emergency services line is an alternative to the System and the Services. Fall Detection must be used around the neck to allow for appropriate detection of falls.
Address: Fort Myers, FL 33901, USA
Phone: (239) 203-3645